Thank You X 3

Saturday, February 23, 2013









I'm back with another SCS Love Fest card! This one is for the Unity LoveFest Color Inspiration Challenge, LOVEFEST2013H. Here's a look at the gorgeous color palette:





















And, here's my card:
This card is pretty straightforward--some sewing, a little scoring on the green panel, a Deco Corner Chomper on the yellow sentiment panel, and glittery embossed sentiment and punched butterflies.

In a close up photo, you can see that the gold butterfly is not completely embossed, but it's almost impossible to see in person. The gold embossing powder already had glitter in it. For the orange and green butterflies, I sprinkled a little white glitter over the embossing powder before heating it. I have glitter all over my craft room now, but enough stayed on the butterflies to give them plenty of sparkle. :) That's DMC Pearl Cotton tied around them for bodies and antennae. 

Inside the card, I used the negative spaces of the butterfly punch, like I did in my previous card, to stencil butterfly silhouettes. 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day! 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Viva la Verve February 2013 Week 3 Sketch Challenge: VLVFeb2013 Week 3
Splitcoaststampers LoveFest Challenge: LOVEFEST2013H--Unity Stamp Company Color Inspiration

~Hugs,


 
Stamps: A Million & One (Ali Edwards)
Paper: Cafe Mediterranean Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Distress Ink; Sharpie marker; Versamark
Accessories: Monarch Butterfly Lg punch, Classic Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart); Deco Corner Chomper; Embossing Powder (Zing; Adirondack; Recollections); Pearl Cotton; rhinestones; glitter; scoreboard; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

2 comments :

Theresa said...

What a lovely card. I love the "thank you" x3 - looks fabulous.

Conniecrafter said...

love what you came up with for the design, like the different styles of butterflies, very pretty!